Friday, December 2, 2005

I'm Occupied, It Seems

Busy weekend. An even busier next week. Everyone is cramming in their last shows of the year, and dammit, I couldn't be happier. Cheers to losing my hearing and perhaps my liver. I love this time of the year.

So seeing a band for the second time is probably my favorite. The first time you are either wowed or disappointed. You spend the entire set trying to remember song names and commenting to your friend. Yes, the second time is much better. I have now listened to the songs over and over again and will be that annoying person singing behind you. Let me have my fun. I won't take it personally if you smile and walk away.



So yes Cordalene is playing tonight and I'm very excited. I last saw this band over at Trash completely by accident when they played before A Brief Smile. It's been over a month. I'm still listening. They have a way of combining guilt-free pop and eclectic indie rock together in a way that only seems fit. I kept turning to my friend the first time I saw them play and explaining how much I liked them. Consider it love at first listen.

  • Cordalene - I'm Occupied, It Seems
  • Cordalene - Kissed Awake

    After that I will head over to Fat Baby for a Loose Record party. I think I'll get there too late for Levy and the open bar but the rest of the night looks pretty good too.



    And then you know what's going on tomorrow right? No? Let me tell you again....

    Tis the season,
    To stay warm inside,
    To pick up your copy of Issue Seven,
    and enjoying some rockin tunes.


    What's that, you say? You'd like to go to another show?

    You didn't get your fill at the issue release party?

    Good thing we at Underrated are in the giving mood, because we decided to help out with another show....

    SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
    Underrated Magazine & Liberated Matter present:
    The Hottest Night In Winter
    featuring:
    A Brief Smile
    Paula Valstein
    The Teenage Prayers
    & Kinetic

    at Pianos (Ludlow & Stanton)

    Doors open at 7:30 PM
    $7 21+
    Afterparty w/ DJ Nora K


    See you there!

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online