Thursday, June 9, 2005

Something's In The Air

Something very strange is going on in New York. I keep running into people from my high school. Last night was the absolute kicker, as I was on the subway back from Brooklyn, who comes onto my car from Canal Street? None other than my Junior Prom date. Talk about strange.

Between the random run-ins, the lack of air conditioning, and my ever-depleting bank account, something is telling me it's almost time to leave. Two weeks from tomorrow I'm off to London. In the meantime, I need to move out of my apartment, pack my belongings for two weeks, and figure out exactly what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Last night I headed allll the way to "dirty" Brooklyn (not my choice of words) to see The Upwelling play the most laxed set I've seen them play. After all the hoopla that has been swarming my brain when it comes to these guys, it was perfect to be able to see them play in a small venue, with a surprisingly lack of a crowd, to debut their new keyboard player. While Josh and Ari seemed overly comfortable on stage (quite the opposite from the last time I saw them at Bowery), Conor naturally seemed nervous. He didn't miss a beat, and it made me smile, to see him smile, at the end of their set.

No surprises from their set, and a lack of "Worthy Enemy" was unfortunate, but nonetheless it was great to see The Upwelling back on stage.




Tonight after I plan my future journalistic career with my favorite professor, I will head downtown to catch The Diggs at Sin-E and then on over to The Delancey for a highly anticipated CD release party from Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. And since I've already given you all the MP3s of both artists, I'll give you a random samplings of some other tunes I have floating around on my hard drive.

MP3's (Right click, Save As)
  • Interpol - NYC (Live from Paris)
  • Oasis - Let There Be Love
  • The Out Crowd - Honey, I Ain't High
  • The Shout Out Louds - The Comeback (Big Slippa Mix)
  • Spoon - The Way We Get By

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online