Thursday, June 30, 2005

Even when I don't go see a band play here, I am completely satisfied musically, and even at a silly dance club. If you know me, you know I don't dance. Well okay, get a few drinks in me and if I know the song, I may do a little twirl. Or two. It's mostly because I just can't dance to music I don't know or don't particularly like. London knows how to do it. Last night we waited in line (or queue as they say here) for a good two hours to get into this one club. Even though my bladder was about to explode, we met some nice guys who shared my musical taste. One of them had just seen Five O'Clock Heroes a couple weeks ago and really liked them. But once we got inside, we were infested by sweaty 16 year olds, £1 drinks, and quality tunes. From Michael Jackson to Maximo Park, it was the perfect combination of guilty pop and new indie pop. You should have seen me when they played Banquet. My god.

I suppose so you don't think I'm being a complete lush, I had my first week of classes and as much as I complain about NYU, they know how to get some fantastic speakers. Yesterday we met and talked with Ben Brown who is a senior correspondent at the BBC who had some crazy tales from all over the world. Today we had David Stone, who is probably worth a bajillion dollars, as he is the producer of Wicked, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, The Vagina Monologues, among others. Amazing guy.

I'm off to Malta tomorrow for the weekend for my uncle's wedding. I'm hoping the hotel will have internet so I can finally upload some pictures from this week. So far, so crazy, so good.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online