Saturday, April 9, 2005

This is the first day of my life

I wrote a whole long recap of my day yesterday, and then it dissapeared. So, this is the quick version, as I have to hop on a train back to Jersey in a half hour and my apartment looks like a bomb hit it.

Okay, so Thursday sucked, but yesterday was incredible. Today, the sun is out, it's a beautiful day in NYC, so things look to be on the up.

Ondi Tinomer is a genius. You are probably sick of me talking about DIG!, but I can't help it. It's constantly on my mind. So I had my first "real" celebrity interview yesterday (you know, on a press junket, interview in the hotel room, only had a half hour). But Ms. Tinomer was inspirational, extremely sweet, and very open....to the point of breast feeding her son during our chat. Can't say that's ever happened to me before. I won't go into great detail on what we talked about because you can read Georgia's article in the next issue, but she did give us some insider scoop -- she no longer speaks to Anton of the Brian Jonestown Massacre (he apparently wasn't a fan of the film, I wonder why), she's listening to a lot of reggae music in preparation for a new documentary on the Jamacian music scene, and she hangs with the Dandy's on a regular basis.

I did manage to get that autograph on my DVD. I felt like a tool, but she was nice about it.

After the interview I met up with Liz for Seth Kallen's show at The Alphabet Lounge. (Sidenote - first time using the newly aquired expired ID of a friend, and it worked.)

Kallen's song are easily likeable and radio ready. He's that singer/songwriter with the pop/rock/folk that you can't help but like. He sings about heartbreak, love, and life. He's only 18! I met up with Kallen today for coffee after his NYU orientation this morning. From his debut CD I found out this boy knows how to write songs. From his show last night, he's quite the performer. And today, I find he's super nice. But boy, did I feel old.

Seth Kallen - Losing Control (right click, save as)

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

great blog rachel..i came here via some links... :)
you've got some awesome taste.

-mishie
www.boltofblue.net/michelle

Anonymous said...

Where you able to sneak in to the FK's show?

Rachael said...

Sadly, no. The powers that be (aka the boss) kept be busy that day. I listened though, and sort of glad I didn't, it was 3 songs and they didn't sound too great. I don't think it was their time of day. I would have liked to say hi, but alas...another time.

blogger templates | Make Money Online