Thursday, January 18, 2007

Checkin' in with Colin | I'm From Rolling Stone Episode 2

I may be the only person really watching I'm From Rolling Stone, but whatever. I've taken it upon myself to comment on this, we'll see if this becomes a weekly effort. I was watching this week's episode (I'm late, whatever) and I couldn't help but (once again) feel for my little hipster boy Colin. He had the task of interviewing We Are Scientists (who, I had to laugh when they called "indie"). If you remember, I interviewed the band last year, about this same time, and understood his frustration. The boys in the band are undeniably nice gentlemen, but I have to say it was one of the hardest interviews I've conducted. And for someone like little Colin, who really has no experience whatsoever, I could tell this was going to be a task.

See, the band likes to be sarcastic. But when you need an angle and have to write an article -- there's only so much sarcasm you can take. Like Colin said, they take control of the interview with is one big no-no in journalism. You always have to be in control. And when your staring at the hottie that is Keith Murray, well that's much harder than it seems. (Maybe not for Colin, but go with me here)

Anyways, it looks like Russell is the main man and a shoe-in to win. He's got the edge and understands the process and what's needed to get a story out of someone. Whatshername, Miss Hip/Hop is already a pain in my ass and if I were El-P, I would have smacked her in the face. I'm glad her piece didn't get published. I bet it was all about her.

No update on Colin's website which is annoying. I was looking forward to some behind-the-scenes info on a weekly basis.

Anyone else watching?

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online