Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Top 10 Film Soundtracks

I won!

Yep, that's right. This little blogger just won her Golden Globes pool, taking home a whopping $10 and the right to gloat in front of a bunch of film students. I managed to pick 17 of the 25 categories correctly, shocking most (including myself) straight to victory. Sasha Baron Cohen stole the evening and little America won all our hearts (even if I don't think that show is that great, definitely not better than The Office). But the biggest upset? My Heroes losing to Grey's. I love both shows, but come on! Heroes is pure genius.

We won't get into the details from the night. I should have live blogged the commentary from the party I attended. Twas hilarious.

Speaking of films, I just wrote a piece for BreakThru Radio about my favorite film soundtracks.

It’s award season time in the land of Hollywood and we decided it was about time someone gave chops to the tricky act of making the perfect film soundtrack. Think about your favorite movies and more often than not they have a classic soundtrack to go alongside. Remember that part in Say Anything when John Cusak held up the boombox and blasted Peter Gabriel’s “In Your Eyes?” Yep. We loved that part too. And from Cameron Crowe to Wes Anderson, these directors are bringing indie and classic music back into popular culture. And for that, we thank them.

Amongst the top 10? Empire Records, High Fidelity, Almost Famous, Royal Tenenbaums, 24 Hour Party People, Blow, etc. Read the whole thing over at BreakThru Radio (click on "articles").

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online