Monday, January 22, 2007

Underrated Presents: Sure Juror

In case you aren't aware, I'm throwing a bit of a soiree this Saturday night at Sin-e. I could tell you that it will be the best night of your life, that there is a 99% chance you will be drunk off your socks by the time you leave, and will have had to endure my overly excited babble on more than one occasion throughout the night. Whilst all this is true, I feel the need to give you a bit of a sober rundown of these bands beforehand. Because let's face it, both you and I will experience excruciating amounts of awe come Saturday night that all we will be able to mutter is profanities. Just me? Okay, we'll see.

The first band up on Saturday night is Jersey's own Sure Juror. They go on at 8 PM.

sure juror @ pianos

So it's quite genius, really when you think about it. A band that has been hyped up on a good number of the blogs finally books a show in New York City, during CMJ. And yet we only get to hear four songs. Even if it was completely unintentional, I can assure you everyone in that room wanted to hear more. So what if it took them almost three months? Better late than never.

I'm completely thrilled to have this band open up the night, as I found them most intriguing over the past year or so. Their two albums have crept up the ranks on my iTunes, and each time I listen to them I find something else I like about them. And with how intricate their recordings are, you'd think they wouldn't be able to pull this off live. Well, four songs and I was convinced. Who knows what more will bring.

Rumor is they have added some new members to their band and it's bound to be quite the performance. If I were you I'd get there early to check it out. And if not? Well you have a couple more chances to check this band out live over the next month: February 3 and 10 at Pianos, and February 16 at Union Hall for Battering Room's next show.

But if I were you, I'd check out them all, starting with this one here. And in preparation, check out their myspace and purchase their music (where their first album is available for FREE - so no excuses, really).

My my, I'm quite demanding aren't I?

While I'm at it...download these too.

  • Sure Juror - The Once-Great Gender Debate (Live from West Chester, PA 3.24.06)
  • Sure Juror - Christmas Shopping
  • Sure Juror - The Drive Will Do You Good
  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online