Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cold War Kids on Letterman

I keep hearing the expected backlash towards Cold War Kids floating around New York City and around the blogosphere (a scary place, mind you). Whatever, I could care less. But I do care about live performances. And when I heard that the last few times friends and acquaintances had seen these LA boys that they were less than impressed, I was worried. I'd still be 100% sure of myself to say that seeing Cold War Kids at Mercury lounge back in July was one of my favorite live experiences. These guys know how to put on a show.

Now, when these indie/blogger/buzz bands get signed, and as a result get on those late night talk shows, more often than not, they suck. Their first televised performances are stale and awkward. They look way too nervous and there's just zero energy. I feared this would happen to Cold War Kids when they performed on David Letterman recently. I didn't catch the original, but just found the youtube (thanks Music Sluts) and was so happy to see these guys completely let loose. It's a fantastic fantastic performance of "Hang Me Up To Dry" with all the soul, energy, and craziness that they should and will hopefully be known for. If I didn't know anything about this band, and saw this, shit...I'd be sold.

Check it out.


0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online