Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Song Of The Week: Outrageous | Matt Singer

Last week, I found myself hanging out at Cross Pollination (my favorite weekly show in the city, by far), watching New York's own Matt Singer perform. I had met Matt a couple weeks prior, or maybe months (who knows these days) and he had given me a copy of his debut All Us Heathens. It found its way on to my iTunes soon after, and every time a song came on I realized how much I liked him, but for some reason or another, never got around to posting that thought.

So here we are. After he performed the comical and clever "Outrageous" at Pianos that Tuesday night, I promised myself I would get it up on the blog as soon as possible. Yes, I'm a little slow these days, but promises are always kept.

"Outrageous" was met to a roaring applause with just the opening guitar hook, and I knew I was in for something special. Performed live, you appreciate the personable execution of a very catchy and crafty tune. The lyrics alone are performed as if it is a therapy session of sorts, with Matt expressing his thoughts on everything from being the fat kid, to snorting lines with unrequited loves, to having a hairy back. I kid you not. Everyone will find their favorite part, but the jury is still out on me -- I can't pick just one moment. It's all so good.

Matt Singer will be opening for The Undisputed Heavyweights at Joe's Pub NEXT WEEK (January 25). You must be there. And Matt must sing this song. You can buy tickets here. Don't delay, it's sure to sell out.

  • Matt Singer - Outrageous
  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online