Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Just Stay | Kevin Devine

Have I told you lately how much I love Kevin Devine?

I find myself saying that at least once daily, usually towards Wes, who happened to take that that wonderful picture above (more here) and can deal with my constant gushing. I just can't help it. Every time I listen to Mr. Devine I feel the need to tell the world just how much I adore him. So here I am, telling you, again.

The last two times I saw Kevin play, I found myself completely in awe. I stood there, wherever it was, and could not take my eyes off of him. There's a certain intensity in his voice that I find inviting, whether he's pouring his heart out or just plain complaining about the state of our country. He's fearless, the type of artist that will use his craft unapologetically, while coming off completely sincere. The last two times I saw Kevin play he ended his set with "You'll Only End Of Joining Them," each time causing myself to unexpectedly cry. It hits me in a way that most songs try to but never do. The album version, off of his latest effort, is nothing compared to what you see live. I wish he had recorded it stripped down and acoustic. It's so much more powerful.

Kevin is currently on tour with Matt Pond PA and Straylight Run. Check his myspace for all the dates. That tour will hit NYC on December 3 at Bowery Ballroom.

  • Kevin Devine - You'll Only End Of Joining Them
  • Kevin Devine - Just Stay

    Buy Put Your Ghost To Rest and the rest of his albums over on his website.

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online