Monday, November 13, 2006

Lost (On An Island) | The Undisputed Heavyweights

Okay, let's sidetrack from music for just a minute here. I missed the first part series finale of Lost last week for some Tally Hallness, but caught the episode when I was in Maryland this weekend doing the whole family thing. I had heard mixed reviews about it, and then my sister hyped it up by saying how good it was. Regardless there was no way I'd miss the show, so let's just continue.

I didn't care for the episode. In fact, I haven't really cared for this whole season. But when I compare it to some of the other crap on TV, and think about how genius the first season of the show was, I'm still hooked. I just think that the writers have taken some sleeping pills and forgot how many people were watching the show. I won't give much away, but come on. I'm a big fan of cheesy romantic stories, but not in this show. I want action. I want theories. I want to be confused enough that I can still talk about it for hours afterwards. I want fate vs. science, and crazy flashbacks. Come on Lost, bring that back.

Working my way back to music, every Wednesday a group of us gets together to adhere to our addiction with a big HDTV screen. It's funny, because there are three different bands present, and one crazed blogger. One of those people is a member of The Undisputed Heavyweights, who is equally as obsessed with the show as the rest of us, if not more.

In fact, it was Wes who introduced me to the beauty of Lostcasts, who we declared as website of the week a little while back.

Sadly, the Lostcasts boys have had some mic problems this week so there is no podcast just yet for the part 1 season finale. BUT, they do link their "Lost Links" to The Undisputed Heavyweights song "Lost (On An Island)" that is up on their myspace page. Yes, this song is indeed inspired by the show. And yes, this song is indeed fantastic. I get goosebumps every time they play this song live, just waiting for Eko to pop out from behind me and dance around with his stick.

Speaking of, The Heavyweights are playing this Thursday at Rockwood Music Hall. It's free, and god damn they are wonderful, so please do not miss it. They will be taking a bit of a hiatus for the rest of the year, so get your fix in now.

  • The Undisputed Heavyweights - Lost (On An Island) [myspace]

    [Photo via Bea]

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online