Monday, November 27, 2006

Song Of The Week: ancient as the stars no. 2 | Beat Radio

I was just beginning to make a mix for a "welcome back" from turkey vacay, but I couldn't just let this song get lost in the...mix. Beat Radio, a NYC band who has always been at the top of my list, has just released their debut album The Great Big Sea for FREE on their website. Yes. Free.

The whole album is simply fantastic, but I have always had a soft spot for "Ancient As The Stars" ever since I first heard that demo. It was a year ago that I saw them play for the first time. And yes, I still adore the song.

The newer version is even better than the first, adding in some banjo, which is always an underrated instrument. But seriously, go check out the whole LP. Did I mention it's free?

  • Beat Radio - Ancient As The Stars no 2

    Beat Radio is playing The Lucky Cat in Brooklyn this Saturday as well as the Product Shop NYC party on December 23 at Pianos.

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online