Thursday, November 9, 2006

Tally Hall @ Knitting Factory

I thought I had seen it all.

Even though I was missing Lost and even though I had been out and about all day and only ran home for a 20 minute clean up session, I couldn't miss Tally Hall. No way. Not going to happen. I heart this band too much.

I've gushed and gushed and gushed, and gushed some more, about how great this band is. I won't put you through it again. But let me tell you. Although the "Freebird" cover they did at Maxwells the other week was fantastic, they ended their set last night with "Praise You." Yes. The Fatboy Slim song. Now we had heard rumors of this cover, and it hadn't been performed in New York for years. But those tie wearing boys brought it back last night and by golly, it was amazing. Zubin and Joe sang it so well, I was fearful they may pass out from holding those long notes. And Rob thrashing on the drums. Holy potatoes.

We ventured backstage with an invite for their amazing food spread. We ate some hummus and chocolate covered pretzels. Yum. This time Nora said I had to be kidnapped by their van. Don't tempt me. I'd follow these boys anywhere.

I wish wish wish wish I had a video or mp3 of their cover, but alas I don't. But I have spent some quality time with their amazing video library. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Okay, I actually fell off my chair.

Check this out and make sure you have a comfortable landing.

Tally Hall, ladies and gentlemen. Truly one of a kind.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online