Monday, November 13, 2006

Song Of The Week: The Plot | White Rabbits

I very rarely post links to just myspace pages for songs, but with so many people have been asking me for some White Rabbits tracks... this is the best I can do.

Ever since I saw this band at Mercury Lounge, and then again twice during CMJ, I have been dying DYING to get a hold of their full-length debut, or at least some MP3s. I haven't been able to do that, just yet.

However, the band just posted a new track "The Plot" on their myspace page, and I can't stop listening to it. I immediately recognized it from their live show, and while the recording does no justice to the anarchy you see on stage, it's still a fantastic listen. It reminds me a lot of what The French Kicks would sound like if they, well, got a kick in the ass. It's got the same wailing harmonies, but combined with an addicting beat. I'm not kidding when I've said I've already listened to it a billion times this morning. It's that good.

No dates yet. No news on the album. But you can guarantee as soon as I hear, you'll be the first to know.

  • White Rabbits - The Plot [myspace]

    [Update: The powers that be got you guys a NYC date. Feel free to send flowers/candle/money over my way. Or I'll just see you at the show. Either one.

    12.6.06: Mercury Lounge w/ The Grates

    AWESOME.]

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online