Thursday, February 2, 2006

Come Down To DC | Army Of Me

I'm leaving tonight for DC to wish my very good friend Katie a happy 22nd birthday, and to see some DC folk that I've accumulated over the years. They aren't too shabby down there. I'm currently burning about 200 CDs to bring down to my friend Josh to rid his system of the country music he thinks is far superior to my indie-rock-whatever-you-wanna-call-it tastes. I'm determined to make him love Tapes 'n Tapes and Tom Vek. Then we'll go from there. I already got him on Bloc Party so the battle is half won.

So I will not be updating this dear blog until at least Sunday night. This is the first time I am going somewhere without my computer. Gasp! I hope I don't start to twitch. I think it'll be good for me, to get out from behind the computer and get out of New York for a weekend. I love New York but they say distance makes the heart grow fonder, or something like that.

I'll let you know if I see any cool bands while down there, Katie has got her town covered pretty well. "Come Down To DC" by good old DC natives Army of Me is appropriate to leave you with. I'm even taking the Chinatown Bus! Can’t wait.

Have a good weekend!

  • Army of Me - Come Down To DC

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online