Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Rollerskate | New Sense

When I woke up this morning, I thought my head was going to explode. And it wasn't only from the pop rocks last night. It wasn't until I was out of the shower that I started to remember the bits and pieces of last night's anti-valentines day party at The Skinny. There was dancing, that I know. And ring pops. Cupcakes too. Then I remembered that I had to wake up my super at 3 this morning because I had lost my keys. He wasn't happy. Then I noticed both my school and work IDs were missing, and my camera was broken.

Then I crawled back into bed.

Before I drank too much and lost everything that I need in life, I did go to Pianos to check out a couple Midwestern boys, also known as New Sense. There was a very decent crowd for a Tuesday night at 8 PM, and especially because it was Valentines Day. I guess the word is out - these guys are ones to watch.

New Sense @ Pianos

Without sounding like a complete hippie, the set can only be described in two words: groovy, and chill. They got people swaying, and even one guy in a front to complete rock out. I am glad I saw them live. The songs are much more memorable now. My only qualm was that they played "Rollerskate" too early in the set. After that, all the other songs melded into one another.

It wasn't the same experience as I had when I saw Voxtrot or Tapes 'n Tapes, but then again, they are much more subtle in their music (See my original post). I'd definitely go see them again, and lucky for me they are playing two more shows this week! Check them out tonight at Rothko or tomorrow at The Living Room. Hopefully I'll see you there.

I promise I'll write better posts when this advil kicks in. If anyone finds a pair of keys and two IDs with my name on it, please let me know.

  • New Sense - Rollerskate

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online