Monday, February 13, 2006

The North Pole | The Walkmen


[pic via drudge report via wes]

I hate the snow.

So much for a plentiful weekend of live music. With the prospects of seeing four fantastic bands this weekend, I ended up with a big zero. On Friday I mourned the loss of one of the greatest American TV shows we'll ever see to date. Conor came over and we laughed, we cried, and then I got too drunk out of depression. I'm really going to miss the Bluths.

Saturday I woke up with a pounding headache and the realization that I can't sleep past 7 AM anymore. With the risk of snow on the way, I took a look at my to-do list for the weekend and doing laundry was #1. It was early enough to miss the crowds. By 11 AM, I was finished.

I bummed around Brooklyn for a while and heard the chit-chatter of the big blizzard on its way. I contemplated making the trek to the Lower East Side that night but feared my drunken trek back home in the snow. Instead, I made my friend Susan come out to keep me company. We watched half of season 1 of Lost to the backdrop of a snowy city view. It was pretty looking out the window.

The shuttle train stopped running that night. Both of us were stranded. We looked for ways to keep ourselves entertained. My singing wasn't enough.

Susan showed me the most absurd music video I have ever seen in my life. I guess when you've got David Hasselhoff attached to it, it's bound to be a mockery. Truly amazing.

David Hasselhoff - Hooked on a Feeling (your tube)

I managed to make a good dent in my stack of CDs to listen to this week, so expect some good posts this week. But somehow we were easily distracted by a bound-to-be-Oscar-winning film about the wonder that is MySpace.

That's right. Myspace: The Movie. I wish I was kidding. Watch here.

Work is canceled today. Apparently this was the worst snow storm in NYC's history. I'm glad I made good use of my time.

  • The Walkmen - The North Pole

  • 1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Can You Fix this and Can you fix that well

    handyman service brouchers Advice at http://good-remodeling.com/wood.pl?expert=remodeling . If you are Looking for handyman service brouchers Then Here it is

    blogger templates | Make Money Online