Monday, February 13, 2006

What If I Get Sick | New Sense



I must admit I didn't really pay attention to mid-western bands, until the likes of The Changes and Tapes 'n Tapes came my way. It wasn't a completely conscious decision. It's just hard. There are a lot of bands in America.

Today we go to Milwaukee where a band named New Sense have quickly become a favorite. There must be something in the water because these bands are creating some of the most interesting indie-pop I've been longing to hear. There's no gimmick here, folks. There's something remarkable when a band can create catchy tunes on two different levels: is entirely joyous and intricately designed. They actually remind me a lot of The Changes, which isn't a terrible thing at all. If I had to pick a certain genre or type of music that is my farvorite (although I’m totally open to all), this is right up my alley.

New Sense have three shows this week in New York. (Kinda like when Tapes 'n Tapes played four). I'm definitely going to at least one of them.

2/14 NYC - Pianos - 7:30PM slot
2/15 NYC - Rothko - 9PM slot w/ Mercy The Contours [Astralwerks / ex-Inouk]
2/16 NYC - Living Room - 8PM slot

And then they join up with Voxtrot and yes, Tapes 'n Tapes in their neck of the woods.
2/26 Milwaukee, WI - Cactus Club w/ Voxtrot
2/27 Minneapolis, MN - 7th Street Entry w/ Voxtrot, Tapes 'N Tapes

New Sense currently has two EPs out: Flowers Before Hours and New Sense. You can buy them here.

  • New Sense - What If I Get Sick
  • New Sense - The Night (unreleased)
  • New Sense - Rollerskate (unreleased)
  • New Sense - Ready To Leave

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online