Wednesday, February 22, 2006

One foot in front of the other...

So yesterday I found myself in a doctor’s office after work, having spent most of the day limping through Manhattan. It seems as though I've done something to my left ankle, which had been bothering me since last week, but yesterday became quite unbearable. I was sitting in the office, chatting with Doc when he asked me if I had done anything that may have caused the pain and swelling. I began to think. Could it had been my drunken dancing at The Skinny last week on Valentines Day? Or how about the hour I spent walking around Brooklyn, lost en route to the Undisputed Heavyweights show, furiously typing away on my sidekick, and not watching where I was going? Or maybe it was my one of many slips and slides caused by the icy sidewalks?

I told him I couldn't think of anything.

I've been instructed to stay off my foot, take lots of advil, and wear comfortable shoes (I guess those heels in the back of my closet will have to continue to gather dust.) But I will not stay off my foot, because I have much more important things to be concerned with than my well being. A Brief Smile is playing Bowery tonight at 7:30 PM sharp. So if you are planning on going, make sure you get there on time. You do not want to miss their set.

I'll be the one in the front, limping/dancing.

And if anyone has any extra tickets to tonight's show, please let me know.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online