Friday, February 17, 2006

Venturers | Slowlands

Yesterday was the most emotionally draining day I think I've ever had. Fortunately, it all ended up working out ok. It's been a rough couple of weeks. I think I'm in need of a nice vacation. Austin can't come soon enough.

I've got lots of exciting things to post today, but first let's recap last night's shows. I got back to my apartment at around 8 PM and relaxed for my 3 minutes before leaving again for Southpaw. Without making myself look like a complete idiot, I must say that the bus system in Brooklyn is quite confusing. I know my apartment is not very far from Southpaw, but somehow I ended up somewhere completely different. Needless to say, it was 9:30 when I finally found a subway, and at that point I thought I might as well just head to Northsix. Sorry Undisputed Heavyweights. I'm taking the subway next time.

Luckily getting to Northsix early paid off. I caught Tim outside and he told me that Slowlands had yet to take the stage. Score. I've been meaning to see these guys live for some time now.



I know I'm taken by a band when I vocally announce it time and time again to whomever happens to be there with me. Susan was the victim to my love-at-first-sight explosion. It's so exciting seeing a band live for the first time. The conversation would go something like this:

R: I really like this band.
S: I know, you said that.
R: But I really like them.
S: I know.
(5 seconds later)
R: Wow. I really like this band.

And this was all without any alcohol.

There's six of them on stage, and the funny thing was, I was convinced that two of them went to my high school. They didn't, but looked like long lost twins. I think I described them as a Youth Group meets Wolf Parade with Clap Your Hands like vocals, but less annoying. I don't really like that description, but if it makes you listen, then fantastic. All you need to know is that this band is one of those quirky rock bands that you are going to love, and must see live.

Plus, they smile a lot on stage. That doesn't hurt.

  • Slowlands - Venturers
  • Slowlands - Eisenstein

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online