Sunday, February 19, 2006

Life After Love | Colored Shadows

I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with all the bands that are going to be at SXSW. Part of me wants to see all the bands I know and love, and the other part wants to find new bands to know and love. But it's only four days. It's going to be tricky.

One band that will be at SXSW that I have been listening to for about a year now is Colored Shadows. They are from LA, and have yet to make it to NYC, so SXSW will be my first chance to check them out live. We featured them in the last issue of Underrated and are super psyched to see if they are equally amazing live, as on record.

Both their self titled EP and their latest effort, Tiger Mask are fantastic. Think a little bit Secret Machines, Autolux, Air, and even David Bowie. Yeah it's that dream-esque rock that will soar through chord progressions and lyrical depth. It has vision. It has a melody. It has it.

You can buy both EPs on their website. You can also stream some more tracks on their myspace page.

This is one band I will definitely be seeing at SXSW. Speaking of, anyone have a place for me to stay? Yeah. Still looking. Let me know if you do!

  • Colored Shadows - Life After Love

  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous said...

    MESSAGE

    Anonymous said...

    MESSAGE

    muebles en madrid said...

    This will not work as a matter of fact, that's what I consider.

    www.muebles-en-alcorcon.com said...

    It can't really have success, I suppose like this.

    blogger templates | Make Money Online