Friday, February 24, 2006

Pack Up Your Sorrows | Johnny Cash

I am trying to see as many films in the next week, in preparation for the Academy Awards. This is the first year that I had only seen two nominated films. I blame lack of funds, and time.

Last night, I finally watched Walk The Line. I'm sure everyone else has seen it already, and everyone knows the story so I'll just let you know that I thought it was fantastic. The acting was top-notch, and I was honestly stunned at the singing by Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. I always loved Johnny Cash, and knew a good amount about his life. But this movie was effective in showing a real love story - both for music, and for John and June.

Basically if you haven't seen it yet, you should.

  • Johnny Cash & June Carter - Pack Up Your Sorrows

    I can't go on living my life without admitting that I am hopelessly addicted to American Idol. It's nothing new. Every season I'm hooked. But this season I've found my new underdog to root for. I would be thrilled if he wins; I think he's brilliant. But he probably wont, and I probably prefer it that way. Anyways if you haven't seen the show, he is this gray haired blues singer that is hands down the cutest thing on two feet. He makes me giddy. He makes me smile. And yeah, he's got a great voice.

  • Heart on a Stick weighs in on Taylor Hicks
  • This week's performance of "Levon"
  • Watch his audition
  • His profile on American Idol


    TONIGHT:


    See you there.

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online