Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dancing Shoes | Arctic Monkeys



Thursdays I have class all day, so I'll get my post in early. I gave in yesterday and decided that debt is no fun unless you have shows to go to. So I bought my ticket for Voxtrot at Mercury and Arctic Monkeys at Webster. Okay let's face it, it wasn't that hard of a decision.

Anyone else surprised that Arctic Monkeys sold out Webster? I would have appreciated two nights at Bowery instead. I get the hype and yes, they are good, but let's not rush things. They are young and have more than enough time to play Webster and on to Hammerstein and whatever, when I probably won't go see them again because I get claustrophobic. But that’s okay, Webster will be okay. I'll have my dancing shoes on, that's for sure.

The appropriately titled album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not will be released in the UK on January 23, 2006. You can preview the album (or the first minute of each song) here. It will be available in the US February 21.

Listen to the Arctic Monkeys perform on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic here.

Speaking of, did you know that my favorite radio show host Nic Harcourt is the music supervisor for that new show on CBS, Love Monkey? It premiered Tuesday night and apparently is filmed in a bunch of NYC venues. Rumor is that Ted Leo will appear on the show too. Now I'm pissed I missed it. I'll set the DVR for next week.

  • Arctic Monkeys - Dancing Shoes

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online