Thursday, January 12, 2006

Inaction | We Are Scientists

Tonight is bound to be a drunken mess of show hopping, rocking out, and trying to find my way back to Brooklyn so I can make it into work tomorrow. I already need a nap just thinking about it.

First stop? Rothko. I won't be able to live with myself if I don't see Tapes 'n Tapes one more time. I'm a creature of habit, and this is part of my addictive personality. I need more. You can watch a video of "Jakov's Suite" from Monday's Mercury Lounge show (listen carefully and you can hear me yelling at the end) or "Insistor" from last night's show in Baltimore.

Luckily Rothko has a great lineup thanks to Productshop NYC. Tapes 'n Tapes will be sandwiched between Sam Champion and Group Sounds.

From Rothko I'll jet over to Bowery Ballroom to see our favorite non-scientists, We Are Scientists kick off their tour. Their album came out this week, and has been a staple in my personal listening party since I laid my grubby little hands on it late last year. You Aint No Picasso interviewed the swoon-worthy Keith Murray on his site and I'll be meeting up with the band next week to ask a few questions of my own. Or just swoon. We'll see.



Oh and then after that? Back to Rothko for the afterparty featuring the Tarts of Pleasure and Michael Showalter on decks. I hope I make it home tonight.

If you don't have tickets for WAS and you haven't bought into the Tapes 'n Tapes frenzy, then I suggest you head to Mercury to see The Five O'Clock Heroes. But don't pout if you can't make that one either, they'll be playing our Two Year Anniversary Party on the 27th at Crash Mansion.

  • We Are Scientists - Inaction

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online